Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Shingai Shoniwa



So I decided to feature Shingai Shoniwa because she is the most gorgeous human specimen my eyes have ever seen lol. Seriously! this girl is bangin. In the next life, she would be my wife ( I'm sorry Beyonce but I couldn't resist). Shingai is the bassist and lead singer of the talnted London Indie band Noisettes. Born is 1980, she is a Brit of Zimbabwean descent.



Shingai is massively talented. With an edgy rock/soul-flavored voice, she hits all the right notes. Second of all, she is an amazing performer and her showmanship is evident on stage. Her onstage antics vary from skipping, crawling, climbing and pretty much everything unpredictable.




Shingai's natural hair should be one of the great wonders of the world. I must admit that growing up, I never found natural hair to be sexy or even appealing. Yes! I admit the self-hate. Like many other people of color, I had been brainwashed into believing that Western features were ideal ya da ya da ya you know the rest of the story. Suffice to say, my perceptions have clearly changed and natural hair to me right now is the best thing to ever happen in this world since fried chicken. Shingai has taken the concept of natural hair to the next level by making it bold, fun, daring and modern. With her afrocentric style, she truly embodies the concept of a confident black woman proud to be in her own skin.

5 comments:

  1. My cousin and I love the Noisettes. She is so beautiful. She had a really cool advert out here, singing Never Forget You. I love natural hair, although my mother is part Indian, I have inherited thick ,long natural hair from my African father. However,black hair care in England is nowhere as near as good as it is in the U.S.You really do put us to shame. My other half loves my natural hair. I'm glad you have been converted. Have you told Beyonce it's over??
    I love your blog, it should be featured on Blogs of Note.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Style Mansion; I really appreciate your kind words.I'm glad that you love your natural hair. I am completely obsessed with women who wear their hair natural.

    Noisettes are mad cool. I had the pleasure of meeting them this August in concert. I met all three of them in person and I literally passed out haha. Dan, the guitarist, was super cool. He chatted with me and my friends for like 5 minutes. Shingai looks even more gorgeous in person (and smaller too).

    And no! I haven't told Beyonce that our relationship is over. I still need some time to get myself together lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. you met the noisettes??? i love them and Shingai is absolutley stunning! not to mention her hair. I'm growing out my hair too so hopefully it looks like that when done - maybe not as extravagent as hers but we'll see lol


    p.s. your blog is reallyy cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the compliments Sister Diaries. I did meet Noisettes and it was the most amazing night of my life. Shingai was just badass and very gracious. She was surrounded by crazy American fans but she took pictures with everyone of us while drinking her wine lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not really a fan of their music, but I like Shingai. I like her style. It must be the hair.

    ReplyDelete