Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Tattoos

tat1
Recycle sign. I was dumb enough to get my first two tats on two of the most sensitive parts of the body. Not pleasant. Not pleasant at all but my tat artist took very good care of me.

tat2
From Arthur Rimbaud's Une Sainson en enfer.

“Elle est retrouvée.
Quoi? - L’Éternité.
C’est la mer allée
Avec le soleil.”

Translating poetry can be tricky. Many a time, translators focus on language and ignore the essence. I think the below translation does justice to the original text.

“It has been found again.
What? – Eternity.
It is the sea
Mingled with the sun.”

P1012992
Tats recovery stage. My skin smelt like animal flesh when I took those wraps off.

P1012994
More recovery.

I got the tats over the summer at this place called Harisumi in San Juan, Puerto Rico. It is a little pricey but you get seasoned tattoo artists and unrivaled service. All in all, a remarkable experience. I promise to be back soon with an epic post. Stay safe.

P.S
Passport Stamps is finally on twitter. Spread the love lovely people
^ ^

4 comments:

  1. Nice ink... You're right about translating poetry

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the recycling tat.
    now following you on twitter, so if you ever make it to NYC area, hit me up

    ReplyDelete
  3. sexy tattoos, what are you doing to keep in shape?

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice tatoos ^^

    thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete