Saturday, April 24, 2010

Scooby Doo and wickedly hilarious wikipedia commentary



Growing up Scooby Doo was my favourite cartoon, without a doubt. I like to attribute my fascination with mystery and adventure, which started at a very young age, to shows like Scooby Doo because they gave my imagination an opportunity to wonder. I would sit on my bed everyday and envisage all the mysterious adventures my invisible best friends and I were going to embark on.



Anyways, I was thinking about Scooby Doo today so I decided to find some information on the internet about the franchise: When the series originally started, what was the first episode that aired, the names of the actors who voiced the original characters etc etc I visited Wikipeida of course and stumbled upon some LOL-worthy comments. They are wickedly hilarious so read at your own risk.

"During many of the episodes, Fred and Daphne spend time off screen while Velma, Shaggy and Scooby usually end up encountering the villain. This has led to assumptions that Fred and Daphne are off having sex instead of finding clues."



Fred and Daphne? shacking up? how scandalous. Wait! there's more. This one is about Velma.

"Velma has been called a lesbian "icon", although the Scooby-Doo series and direct-to-video films depict her as presumably heterosexual."



Oh man, I am literally rolling on the floor and laughing my ass off. Do you think I'm done? oh no, there's more. This one, debatably the most hilarious of them all, is about Shaggy and Scooby.



"Both Shaggy and Scooby-Doo are readily bribed with Scooby Snacks due to their nearly insatiable appetites, and have tendencies toward goofing off and cowardice. They justify their constant hunger by saying, "Being in a constant state of terror makes us constantly hungry!". However some believe the pair's constant eating is a subtle reference to munchies, a result of marijuana consumption"

Scooby? a pot head? This is too much. Laughter is shredding my lungs apart. I can't even go on anymore. I have to stop.

6 comments:

  1. I love Scooby Doo, we were were watching it the other day. I prefer the original series as opposed to the more modern day shows. We watched a more up to date one and it was actually quite scary! Scooby Doo is too cool for drugs, but I am convinced Shaggy had a secret stash in the van with his own customised bong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Scooby Doo Style Mansion. I actually have a picture of Scooby and the gang as laptop screen saver. I also prefer the old series but then again, I haven't really watched the modern ones. The only modern ones I've watched are some of the cartoon movies. In fact, I just watched the 2005 ( or is it 2006?) cartoon movie "Scooby Doo in Where's my Mummy" the other day. I really liked it.

    Now that you mentioned it, I can totally picture Shaggy having a secret stash in the van lol. I guess it never really crossed my mind because I use to watch Scooby when I was very young and I didn't know anything about bongs and pot lol. I only started rewatching Scooby a few months ago and now it all kinda makes sense hahaha. Still not sure about Velma though. Didn't she go on a date with Johnny Bravo a while back?

    I hope your week is going exceptionally well. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Johnny Bravo? Really, heeee heeee heee. I am sitting here laughing now, heeeee, heeee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL yeah. Cartoon Network use to have like a crossover episode where they had cartoon characters from different cartoons in one episode. There was one about Velma and Johnny going on a date or two and then Velma broke his heart because (in her own words) "my career comes first" lol It was hilariously entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was so funny, I almost bust out laughing in the middle of my class (and that would not have gone over very well)! I feel like I read something about this somewhere else years ago -- really funny and quite accurate.

    well after this, I should think nothing of falling down stairs

    ReplyDelete
  6. lololololololololool this is hilarious!!! i love this blog!

    ReplyDelete